Friday 2 November 2012

Top 5 Lipsticks for the winter months

The clocks have gone back, theres a nip in the air, its dark by 4 in the afternoon and the christmas ads are on..... winter has arrived!!!
So its time to put away those bright summer shades and go for something a bit darker, here are my top 5  for winter 2012 to suit all budgets.


NYC - 434 - Velvet Wine
A dark red wine colour with a satin finish, it may be a bit goth for some, perfect for a night out. Works really well with MAC's lip pencil in "Current".
You can get this lipstick in superdrug in store for only £1.49!!!!! an absolute steal.



Rimmel lasting finish - 128 - Starry-eyed
I saw my friend wearing this last christmas and told her I loved it, then she got me one for my birthday!!!  This is more of a pinky berry colour with a satin finish, it not too dark but still makes an impact and as the name states it really does last.
You can get this lipstick from Boots or superdrug in store and online for £4.99 again a great price.



Rimmel Lasting finish matte collection by Kate Moss - 107
I done a review on this a few weeks back so if you want to know more about it have a look, a great dark berry semi matte lipstick.
You can get this lipstick from Boots and Superdrug in store and online for £5.49



Revlon Super Lustrous - 646 - Sultry Sable
S gave me this for christmas last year, its a deep berry colour but as its a creme finish it VERY wearable, I've actually worn this everyday for the last week.
Goes perfect with NYX slim lip pencil in "Never"
You can get this lipstick from Boots and Superdrug in store and online for £7.49



MAC Rebel
This is a cult shade, I was first was told about this colour by S so on a random trip Selfridges I picked it up and have been in love with it ever since, in fact before writing this post I thought i'd lost it and was so upset that I was preparing to buy another but then I found it........... Anyway, its a stunning bold berry with a satin finish. What I love about this colour is that it looks different on everyone, I know i've seen other ladies wearing it and thinking to myself have I got the "wrong rebel"!!!! It much more expensive than the pervious lipsticks i've listed but trust me its well worth it
You can get this lipstick from MAC consessions, MAC stand alone stores or at www.maccosmetics.co.uk  for £14




So if your looking for a lipstick for the colder months ahead , whatever your budget, I hope this helps.

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment